Join Black Cultural Events for our first theater event! Receive the special Black Cultural Events discount to see this great August Wilson play on February 23 at 8:00 pm.
Two Trains Running comes to the Matrix Theatre in celebration of Black History month. The play is another installment of Pulitzer Prize winning August Wilson’s “American Century Cycle,” the playwright’s decade-by-decade exploration of the black experience in 20th century America. It’s 1969 in Pittsburgh’s Hill District, where the regulars of Memphis Lee’s restaurant struggle to cope with the turbulence of a world that is rapidly changing around them. With compassion, humor and a superb sense of place and time, Wilson paints a vivid portrait of everyday lives in the shadow of great events.
Use promotion code BCE2019 to purchase $25 discount tickets for the February 23rd 8:00 pm. performance – Join Black Cultural Events at the Theater! Purchase tickets here
“Opening last weekend at the Matrix Theatre, Two Trains Running, a 1992 Pulitzer-Prize nominated time capsule, still entangles us today with director Michele Shay’s riveting production. As much a warning as a matter of memory, the inequity that Selma couldn’t end and that Ferguson continued is center stage for nearly three highly rewarding hours.” Tony Frankel, Stage and Cinema
• Written by August Wilson
• Directed by Michele Shay
• Starring Dorian Missick, Alex Morris, Nija Okoro, Montae Russell, Terrell Tilford, Adolphus Ward, Ellis Williams; stand-bys: Jon Chaffin, Lee Stansberry, Cortney Wright
• Scenic design by John Iacovelli
• Lighting design by Brian Gale
• Sound design by Jeff Gardner
• Costume design by Mylette Nora
• Produced by Sophina Brown
Previews: Jan. 26, Jan. 27, Jan. 31 and Feb. 1
Performances: Feb. 2 – March 3
• Thursdays at 8 p.m.: Jan. 31 (preview); Feb. 7, 14, 21, 28
• Fridays at 8 p.m.: Feb. 1 (preview), Feb. 8, 15, 22; March 1
• Saturdays at 8 p.m.: Jan. 26 (preview); Feb. 2 (opening), Feb. 9, 16, 23; March 2
• Sundays at 2 p.m.: Jan. 27(preview); Feb. 3, 17, 24; March 3
Use promotion code BCE2019 to purchase $25 discount tickets for the February 23rd 8:00 pm. performance and join Black Cultural Events at the Theater!